- This event has passed.
Data visualization with ggplot2
June 14 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
R is a popular free software program. This workshop will introduce concepts and tools for visualizing data in R, with emphasis on the ggplot2 package. Participants are expected to be familiar with R and the RStudio environment.
The workshop is one hour, followed by an optional 30 minute practice period to reinforce what you learned or consult with the instructors. Workshop materials are available at https://ubc-library-rc.github.io/R-viz/
To participate fully you will need to install the latest versions of R and RStudio on your computer before the workshop:
- Install R from https://cran.rstudio.com/
- Install RStudio from https://rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
About this workshop series
Introduction to R and RStudio is one of several R workshops offered by the UBC Library Research Commons. Each one-hour sesson introduces a particular task or application in R, followed by an optional 30 minute practice period with support from the instructors. The series goal is to introduce participants to the data analysis and visualization potential of R and to encourage further self-paced exploration. Other workshops in the series:
- Introduction to R and RStudio (beginner), May 10, 1-2pm
- Data manipulation with dplyr, May 25, 10:30-11:30am
- Descriptive statistics in R, Jun 29, 11am-12pm
- Join tables in R, (date tbd)
- Loops and conditional statements in R, (date tbd)
- Using RMarkdown, (date tbd)
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events, subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.