- This event has passed.
Join tables in R
July 13, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
There are many cases where it’s helpful to combine data from multiple sources or tables. This workshop will introduce how to work with multiple data frames in R. Participants are expected to already be familiar with R and RStudio. At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the need to work with multiple data frames
- Identify primary keys and foreign keys for data frames
- Use different join functions to gain insights from multiple data frames
For an outline of the workshop see https://ubc-library-rc.github.io/relational-data-r/
To participate fully you will need to install the latest versions of R and RStudio on your computer before the workshop:
- Install R from https://cran.rstudio.com/
- Install RStudio from https://rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
About this workshop series
Introduction to R and RStudio is one of six R workshops offered by the UBC Library Research Commons. Each one-hour sesson introduces a particular task or application in R, followed by an optional 30 minute practice period with support from the instructors. The series goal is to introduce participants to the data analysis and visualization potential of R and to encourage further self-paced exploration. Other workshops in the series:
- Introduction to R and RStudio (beginner), May 10, 1-2pm
- Data manipulation with dplyr, May 25, 10:30-11:30am
- Data visualization with ggplot2, Jun 14, 1-2pm
- Descriptive statistics in R, Jun 29, 11am-12pm
- Loops and conditional statements in R, Jul 19, 1-2pm
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email email@example.com.
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events, subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.