- This event has passed.
Employer Virtual Info Session: Vela Canada
November 23 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
This presentation will talk about Support Worker Central (www.supportworkercentral.ca) a new, free provincial employment website that offers job opportunities supporting people with disabilities (adults and children).
It is a unique platform because it is created for individuals with disabilities and their families who hire their own support staff. The person with the disability (and/or their family) are the registered employer.
All jobs offer training. Experience and education are not necessary. Part-time and full-time positions available.
Types of jobs available are:
- Daytime support staff
- Personal care
- Respite care (overnight)
- Live-in caregiver
- Behavioral interventionist
Support Worker Central may be a great option if you are:
- A student interested in working in human services, health care, or an education setting
- Any student looking for part-time work
- A student looking for experience supporting someone with diverse needs
- Anyone interested in supporting the daily needs and independent living of someone with a disability
Support Worker Central has jobs in communities throughout British Columbia.