- This event has passed.
Thrive Research Roundtable: Creating Caring Communities
November 21, 2023 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join us for the first-ever Thrive research roundtable! We are bringing together some of the leading minds on mental health to deliver Creating Caring Communities: Exploring the Future of Social Wellbeing and Mental Health at UBC and Beyond.
This year’s event will discuss the intersections between mental health, social wellbeing, loneliness, and connection. Our interdisciplinary panel of researchers will share their research on critical themes of mental health and social wellbeing. There will be a special emphasis on how these themes connect to UBC’s commitment to being a healthy campus and supporting the diverse experiences and perspectives of mental health among our students, faculty, and staff. Participants will also engage in meaningful discussions and take away insights that can inform our collective efforts toward supporting healthy and sustainable workplace and learning environments.
- Sana Shahram, PhD, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Okanagan
- Johanna Sam, PhD, Assistant Professor, Department of Educational and Counselling Psychology, and Special Education
- Guangyu Wang, PhD, Associate Dean, Asian Strategies; Associate Professor Faculty of Forestry
- Yeeun Archer Lee, Postdoctoral researcher, Psychology, U of T (St. George), Toronto
- Moderator: Miranda Massie, Workplace Wellbeing Practices and Learning Consultant, Health Wellbeing and Benefits
Light refreshments and lunch will be provided for those in person on the Vancouver campus.
If you have any access needs or if there are any ways we can support your full participation in this session, please email Truelove Twumasi at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2 weeks in advance of the event. We will be glad to work with you to make the appropriate arrangements.