- This event has passed.
Relational data in R
February 1, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
There are many cases where it’s helpful to combine data from multiple sources or tables. This workshop will introduce how to work with multiple data frames in R. Participants are expected to already be familiar with R and RStudio. At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the need to work with multiple data frames
- Identify primary keys and foreign keys for data frames
- Use different join functions to gain insights from multiple data frames
For an outline of the workshop, see https://ubc-library-rc.github.io/relational-data-r/.
To participate fully, you will need to install the latest versions of R and RStudio on your computer before the workshop:
- Install R from https://cran.rstudio.com/
- Install RStudio from https://rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs, please email email@example.com.
To keep up-to-date with all our workshops, consults, and events, subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.