Panel Session: Health, Equity and Climate Change in the Classroom
December 12 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
This event is part of the CTLT Winter Institute, taking place from December 12-15, 2022.
UBC defines “sustainability” as simultaneous improvements in human and environmental wellbeing.
In this panel session, we will hear from faculty members from various disciplines who are currently working on curriculum projects that explore the intersection of climate change, sustainability and healthy communities. The discussion will focus on their experience developing and implementing curriculum that combines themes of wellbeing and equity with the health and resilience of the natural ecosystems that sustain human life.
- Dr. Veena Sriram, Assistant Professor, School of Public Policy and Global Affairs, Faculty of Arts
- Dr. Peter Berman, Professor, School of Population and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine
- Dr. Adrian Yee, MD, Clinical Associate Professor and Associate Curriculum Director, Year 3 and 4, MDUP, Centre for Health Education Scholarship, Faculty of Medicine
- Raluca Radu, MSN, Faculty of Applied Science, School of Nursing
- Oliver Lane, Manager of Teaching and Learning at the UBC Sustainability Hub
This event will be hosted on Zoom.