- This event has passed.
Navigating the fertility journey
July 18, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
Date: Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Time: 11 am–12:15 pm PST
Audience: All faculty and staff at UBC Vancouver and Okanagan
Location: Zoom Webinar.
About this webinar:
Join UBC alumni, Dr. Caitlin Dunne and Chandra Sen for this special webinar focusing on the physical and emotional aspects of fertility and reproductive health. Our expert speakers will shed light on the factors that can impact fertility, including age, health conditions, lifestyle choices, and discuss the emotional stress this journey can have on everyone involved.
In addition to our expert panel, our Benefits Specialist Janet McHugh will help faculty and staff understand the new family-forming benefits that will help reduce the financial burden of accessing fertility treatments.
We invite you to this free session to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of fertility, reproductive health, and the factors influencing fertility.
- Learn about the latest advancements in reproductive technologies and treatments.
- Acquire practical strategies to manage the emotional and psychological challenges associated with the fertility journey.
- Learn about the family-building benefits under UBC’s Extended Health Plan for fertility, surrogacy, and adoption.
Important to know:
- This session will be hosted on Zoom Webinar. Your cameras and microphones will remain off during the session. You will not be able to see the names of the other participants.
- This session will be recorded.
- We will have a Q&A at the end.
- You will have the option to enable closed captioning.
About Your Facilitators:
Dr. Caitlin Dunne (she/her), MD, FRCSC
After studying science at McGill University and the University of London (UK), Dr. Dunne obtained her medical degree from the University of Western Ontario. She then completed her residency and subspecialty training at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. Dr. Dunne is also a registered sonographer for gynecologic ultrasound with the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
Dr. Dunne’s goal is to provide compassionate and patient-centered care based on a foundation of scientific evidence. Dr. Dunne is a Clinical Associate Professor with UBC in the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility and is a regular lecturer to the UBC medical students and medical residents of both Family Practice and Ob/Gyn departments.
As a mom and a professional, Dr. Dunne appreciates the importance of fertility and the challenges that women can face in creating their families.
Chandra Sen (she/her), MA, RCC
Chandra Sen is an experienced Registered Clinical Counsellor in British Columbia. She obtained her B.A. in Clinical Psychology from The University of Regina and her Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from UBC. For the past 25 years Chandra has primarily worked the field of infertility counselling; helping patients navigate their way through this challenging process. Widely considered an expert in this area, Chandra has given multiple talks and presentations at national fertility forums and multiple clinics in Western Canada.
Chandra is registered through the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors (BCACC) and has been in private practice since 1988.
Janet McHugh (she/her), CPHR, CEBS
Janet McHugh is the Benefits Specialist on the Health, Wellbeing, and Benefits team at UBC Central Human Resources.
If you have questions or accommodation requests, please email Lauren Lee at email@example.com.