- This event has passed.
CTLT Indigenous Initiatives Open House: What I Learned in Class Today Resource
May 5, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
This event is part of the 2023 Celebrate Learning Week, taking place from May 2–9, 2023.
What I Learned in Class Today is an educational resource that documents both student and faculty experiences, perspectives, and tools on navigating Indigenous content in the classroom at University of British Columbia – Vancouver Campus. The resource originated as an Indigenous student project in 2007 and was renewed in 2018 by the Indigenous Initiatives Team within the Centre for Teaching, Learning, and Technology. The project team is excited to share project updates with the teaching and learning community on the recently developed resources, such as the Faculty and Student perspectives videos, articles, and other pedagogical tools. In this session we will highlight the following:
- Showcase of the What I Learned in Class Today Website
- A sneak peek of the What I Learned in Class Today Facilitation Guide and Toolkit
- A demonstration of the Interactive-Video-Transcript Viewer
We will wrap up the session with a Q&A with Indigenous Initiatives team members, Janelle Kasperski, Sam Nock, and Hannah Coderre.
- Hannah Coderre, Educational Consultant, CTLT Indigenous Initiatives
- Janelle Kasperski, Educational Consultant, CTLT Indigenous Initiatives
- Sam Nock, Educational Resource Developer, CTLT Indigenous Initiatives
Note to Non-UBC Participants:
In order to register for this program, non-UBC faculty, staff, and students will need to create a UBC Basic CWL. To do this, please go to the CWL page and scroll down to the accordion tab that reads “Basic”. Follow the instructions there for creating and activating a Basic CWL, then please return to this page to register for the program.
This event will be hosted on Zoom.