- This event has passed.
Who is the Teacher and Who is the Learner? A Teaching and Learning Tale from our Co-op Students
December 15, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
This event is part of the CTLT Winter Institute, taking place from December 12-15, 2022.
Since 2014, cohorts of undergraduate students have been hired through CTLT in collaboration with Instructional Support Units and co-op programs across campus. Armed with diverse academic expertise from visual arts to electrically engineering with vast extra-curricular experience, these undergraduates were hired by many of UBC Vancouver’s faculty-based teaching and learning centres. They then offered much needed one-on-one support when we needed help on Canvas, Kaltura, Zoom, website design, and many other technologies. More recently as of 2020, the LT Hub started hiring co-op students to work in the LT Hub centrally in addition to the students that the faculty teaching and learning centres continue to hire through CTLT. This collective group of co-op students are our Learning Technology Rovers!
Our Tech Rovers had gathered so much insights in their reverse roles: ‘teaching’ faculty members how to employ different technologies to support teaching and learning. They ‘taught’ a lot and learned even more. Most importantly, they have made an impact in the optimization of a sustainable learning environment at UBC.
Attending this panel discussion will allow us to:
- Witness student input into our UBC learning environment firsthand
- Hear student experience as employees in the university setting
- Hear former Learning Technology Rover students share the impact their experience has had on their future
- Foster the teaching-learning exchange between the students and ourselves
- Identify ways to create more opportunities for learning exchange
- Tim Kato, Acting Manager LT Hub Operations Aassem Zhaksybay, Learning Technology Rover, LT Hub
This event will be hosted on Zoom.