This event is part of the CTLT Winter Institute, taking place from December 12-15, 2022.
Join us for a lively, interactive session exploring the pedagogical uses of research infographics. Research infographics provide students with an opportunity to engage in knowledge translation and advances their understanding of scholarship as conversation in a practical manner with reciprocal benefit for students, researchers, and community members.
We will draw on examples from a multi-year collaboration between the Making Research Accessible in the Downtown Eastside initiative (MRAi) and instructors in UBC’s Coordinated Arts Program for first year undergraduates to illustrate how you can make use of a new Public Humanities Hub toolkit for creating impactful research visualizations.
- Nick Ubels, Community Engagement Librarian, UBC Learning Exchange
- Dr. Evan Mauro, Lecturer, UBC Coordinated Arts Program
- Dr. Kirby Manià, Lecturer, UBC School of Journalism, Writing, and Media
- Shannon Murray, Student Success Librarian, University Canada West
- Heidi Rennert, Graduate Academic Assistant, Public Humanities Hub
- Sydney Lines, Graduate Academic Assistant, Public Humanities Hub
This event will be hosted on Zoom.