- This event has passed.
April 13, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
R Markdown turns your analyses into high-quality, elegantly formatted, and fully reproducible output by putting together narrative text, code and plots. This workshop will walk you through the creation and usage of R Markdown. Participants are expected to already be familiar with R and the RStudio environment.
The workshop is one hour, followed by an optional 30 minute practice period to reinforce what you learned or consult with the instructors.
To participate fully you will need to install the latest versions of R and RStudio on your computer before the workshop:
- Install R from https://cran.rstudio.com/
- Install RStudio from https://rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
About this workshop series
Using RMarkdown is one of six R workshops offered by the UBC Library Research Commons. Each one-hour sesson introduces a particular task or application in R, followed by an optional 30 minute practice period with support from the instructors. The series goal is to introduce participants to the data analysis and visualization potential of R and to encourage further self-paced exploration. Other workshops in the series:
- Visualization with ggplot2, Feb 9, 11am-12pm
- Introduction to R and RStudio, March 1, 1-2pm
- Descriptive statistics with R, Marcy 9, 11am-12pm
- Data manipulation with dplyr, March 15, 1-2pm
- Loops and conditional statements in R, March 29, 1-2pm
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email email@example.com
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events, subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.