- This event has passed.
Resources to Support Building TA Training Programs to Support Equity, Inclusion, and Indigenous Engagement
August 21, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
This event is part of the CTLT Summer Institute, taking place from August 21–25, 2023.
TA Training and support at UBC aims to create inclusive and equitable classrooms, as well as to responsibly engage with Indigenous curriculum. Join staff and graduate student facilitators with the Classroom Climate and Equity and Inclusion TA Training project for a workshop where you will learn about some of the concepts covered and resources available for those supporting TA Training programs at UBC.
The audience for this session is TA Training Coordinators, Faculty, Instructors, and experienced TAs. In this session, participants will learn about the opportunities available to support Teaching Assistants at UBC to work in closer alignment with university priorities relating to Indigenous engagement and inclusive excellence.
Participants can be expect to:
- Understand what to expect from Indigenous Initiatives classroom climate and Equity and Inclusion office TA training approaches
- Become familiar with the UBC policies and strategic priorities supporting equity, diversity, inclusion and Indigenous engagement for TA development
- Be introduced to some of the resources and concepts covered in Indigenous Initiatives classroom climate and Equity and Inclusion office TA training
- Identify who to contact for more support integrating classroom climate and/or inclusive teaching training in your department’s TA Training programs
- Janelle Kasperski, Educational Consultant, Strategic Projects, CTLT Indigenous Initiatives
- Rachael Sullivan, Equity Education Strategist, UBC Equity and Inclusion Office
- Jessica Schaub, Lead Graduate Student Facilitator, Classroom Climate and Equity and Inclusion TA Training Project
- Daniel Gallardo, Graduate Student Facilitator, Classroom Climate and Equity and Inclusion TA Training Project