- This event has passed.
Lecturing and Presentation Skills
January 17 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
This event is part of the TA Institute, taking place from January 16–19, 2023.
Eligibility: The TA Institute is open to all undergraduate TAs, graduate students who are interested in teaching, and all graduate student TAs. This session is not open to general undergraduate students, post-doctoral fellows, staff, or faculty.
Attend this session to expand your skills in designing lectures and presentations! This workshop aims to be useful for those looking to advance their teaching and oral presentation skills.
- Peter Grin, PhD Candidate, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
If you wish to complete this workshop as part of either of the themes below to receive a Letter of Completion, you must complete:
- the pre-session online module by January 16th, 2023 by 11:59 PM
- Fully attend 4 sessions under each theme you want to complete (this means arriving on time and participating until the end of the session)
- the post-session online module by January 27th, 2023 at 11:59 PM
- a theme completion form by January 27th, 2023 at 11:59 PM (only complete this form once—make sure to indicate all themes and all sessions that you have completed).
This session falls into the following themes:
- Fundamentals of TAship
- In-Person Mode
This year, workshops in the TA institute are organized into 5 themes. If you complete 4 workshops in a theme, complete the related pre- & post-session online modules and submit a theme completion form, you are eligible for a Letter of Completion that you can include in your Teaching Portfolio and CV. The Letter of Completion will include a brief description of the theme(s) that you completed, and how the work you did in the theme(s) support your development as a teacher.