- This event has passed.
Learning Objectives to Foster Student Learning
August 22, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
This event is part of the CTLT Summer Institute, taking place from August 21–25, 2023.
In this session, we will explore the multiple benefits of using learning objectives, including the ways they help to foster student learning. We will present a low-fuss approach to writing learning objectives and you will get a chance to practice writing these for your own context. You will also explore learning taxonomies which are useful tools for writing effective objectives. This session will focus on learning objectives at the lesson-level (not the course-level or program-level), and is intended for instructors who are new to the topic. By the end of this session, learners will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of using learning objectives
- Write effective learning objectives
- Practice using one or more taxonomies to write learning objectives for their own teaching
- Amber Shaw , Lecturer, Academic English Program
- Ainsley Camps, Educational Developer, CTLT
NOTE: This session will be held on Zoom.