- This event has passed.
Inclusive Teaching: What is it and Why Does it Matter? – April 21, 2022
April 21, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
This session is for anyone who teaches at UBC who is looking for an introduction to inclusive teaching practices. Be introduced to the literature underpinning inclusive teaching and discuss why inclusive practices in the classroom are important, including considerations for the online environment . We will explore diversity amongst UBC’s student population. You will have an opportunity to learn, discuss and share inclusive teaching practices. You will leave the workshop with a range of practices and resources to continue exploring.
In this workshop you will:
– Define diversity, equity and inclusion in UBC’s context.
– Be introduced to the literature underpinning inclusive teaching and why it’s important.
– Explore diversity at UBC and who studies here
– Have an opportunity to reciprocally learn, discuss and share inclusive teaching practices, including considerations for the online environment.
– Gillian Gerhard, Senior Manager, Teaching and Learning, CTLT
– kele fleming, Associate Director, Teaching & Learning Professional Development, CTLT
– Afsaneh Sharif, CTLT Faculty Liaison
This event will be hosted on Zoom.