Inclusive Teaching: What is it and Why does it Matter?
February 26 - March 4
Please note that registering on this page constitutes enrolment for the Inclusive Teaching: What is it and Why does it Matter Asynchronous Course.
This week-long asynchronous course will go live on February 26, 2024 at 9:00 am. Register to pre-enrol.
This lightly facilitated asynchronous course is for anyone who teaches at UBC and who is looking for an introduction to inclusive teaching practices.
You will be introduced to the literature underpinning inclusive teaching and why inclusive practices in the classroom are important. You will explore diversity amongst UBC’s student population and have an opportunity to reflect on and share inclusive teaching practices.
The first cohort will run from February 26 – March 4, 2024. You will leave the course with a range of practices and resources and we encourage you to join our next Inclusive Teaching Virtual Coffee Drop-In to further explore your insights and questions.
You will be able to:
- explain what diversity, equity and inclusion mean in UBC’s context
- describe the unique diversity and makeup of UBC’s student body in both the Okanagan and Vancouver campuses
- reflect on some key literature underpinning the importance of inclusive teaching
- begin planning inclusive teaching practices that you can implement in your teaching practice.
- Sue Hampton, Educational Consultant, CTLT
- Nausheen Shafiq, Curriculum Consultant, CTLT
- Jens Vent-Schmidt, Educational Consultant, CTLT