- This event has passed.
Inclusive Teaching: What is it and Why Does it Matter?
September 21 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
One event on November 24, 2022 at 1:00 pm
This session is for anyone who teaches at UBC who is looking for an introduction to inclusive teaching practices. Be introduced to the literature underpinning inclusive teaching and discuss why inclusive practices in the classroom are important. We will explore diversity amongst UBC’s student population. You will have an opportunity to learn, discuss and share inclusive teaching practices. You will leave the workshop with a range of practices and resources to continue exploring.
In this workshop you will:
– Define diversity, equity and inclusion in UBC’s context.
– Be introduced to the literature underpinning inclusive teaching and why it’s important.
– Explore diversity at UBC and who studies here Discuss and share inclusive teaching practices that you can implement in your teaching practice.
– Gillian Gerhard, Senior Manager, Teaching and Learning, CTLT
– Sue Hampton, Educational Consultant: Facilitation and Process Design, CTLT