Inclusive Teaching: Inclusive Assessment Studio – March 7, 2024
March 7 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Teaching inclusively involves supporting the success of a diverse mix of learners, with different social identities, life experiences and ways of knowing. Students will have different abilities to demonstrate their learning. This requires educators to revise assessment practices that allow for this range of diversity; not one size fits all.
In this hands-on workshop, participants will reflect on their overall approach to course assessments. You will work collaboratively to either redesign your holistic assessment strategy or one particular assessment to make it inclusive to a diverse group of learners.
This session is not an introduction to inclusive teaching practices, and participants should have prior foundational knowledge of why equity, diversity and inclusion are important principles within the teaching and learning context. If you are new to this work, we recommend participating in our Introduction to Inclusive Teaching and joining our Virtual Coffee Drop-In.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Examine and reflect on your overall approach to assessment
- Review examples of inclusive assessment strategies
- Revise your overall assessment strategy for a course or adapt ONE assessment
- Judy Chan, Educational Consultant and Faculty Liaison, Land and Food Systems, CTLT
- Jens Vent-Schmidt, Educational Consultant, CTLT