- This event has passed.
in/relation: Supporting New Learners with Indigenous Topics at UBC – Project Launch
November 23 @ 12:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Are you wondering how to support new learners to Indigenous topics? Are you a new learner yourself?
Join us on November 23rd for the premiere of in/relation: Supporting new learners in Indigenous with Indigenous topics at UBC.
in/relation is an educational resource for UBC’s teaching and learning community who are interested in exploring Indigenous histories and contexts at UBC with others who are new to these topic s and are non-experts on Indigenous topics themselves.
in/relation contains tools and support to self-start in a good way, creating solid foundations to co-learn together while navigating these conversations.
We welcome you to come and celebrate with us. The launch will feature:
- The premier of the in/relation Facilitator Video, a short video featuring a guided conversation with teaching professionals who have implemented in/relation in their practice;
- A demo of the in/relation website; and
- A panel of faculty, staff, and graduate students who have implemented in/relation into their teaching practice
Facilitators with featured panelists to be confirmed:
- Janey Lew, Senior Educational Consultant, Indigenous Initiatives, CTLT
- Sam Nock, Resource Education Developer, Indigenous Initiatives, CTLT