- This event has passed.
Graduate Student Teaching Practicum: September-December 2022
October 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on October 6, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on October 27, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on November 17, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on December 8, 2022 at 10:00 am
Click “Register Now” to sign up for the Teaching Practicum. Your application will be reviewed and if you are selected as a participant you will be contacted by email. Sign up closes on September 12 at 4 pm. This event will be held online on Zoom.
What is the Graduate Student Teaching Practicum?
The next Graduate Student Teaching Practicum cohort will start in September 2022. In order to register, you need to be a Graduate Student and a CIRTL Associate (have completed a Graduate ISW, the CIRTL Summer Teaching Institute, or Foundations of Pedagogy).
By the end of the Practicum you will be able to:
– Create a framework for how a typical university course operates
– Articulate how teaching and learning theories intersect with the practical requirements of a university course
– Design university lessons which incorporate learner-centred lesson planning basics, demonstrating the alignment of learning objectives, learning activities and assessment techniques
– Develop and refine a teaching portfolio using the evidence of teaching effectiveness gathered throughout the internship
The schedule is as follows and sessions will be held online on Zoom.
Preliminary Meeting: An online module that needs to be completed by September 12.
There will be 5 sessions held over the Winter Term:
– Lesson Planning Clinic – Thursday September 15 | 10 am – 12 pm PDT
– Teaching Portfolios – Thursday October 6 | 10 am – 12 pm PDT
– Introduction to SoTL – Thursday October 27 | 10 am – 12 pm PDT
– Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion in the Classroom – Thursday November 17 | 10 am – 12 pm PDT
– Panel Discussion & Final Reflections – Thursday December 8 | 10 am – 12 pm PDT