- This event has passed.
Graduate Student Teaching Practicum: January-April 2022
January 12 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on February 2, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on March 2, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on March 23, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on April 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
What is the Graduate Student Teaching Practicum?
The next Graduate Student Teaching Practicum cohort will start in January 2022. In order to register, you need to be a Graduate Student and have completed a Graduate ISW, the CIRTL Summer Teaching Institute, or Foundations of Pedagogy.
Registration opens on November 18 and closes on January 11 at 4 pm.
By the end of the Practicum you will be able to:
- Create a framework for how a typical university course operates
- Articulate how teaching and learning theories intersect with the practical requirements of a university course
- Design university lessons which incorporate learner-centred lesson planning basics, demonstrating the alignment of learning objectives, learning activities and assessment techniques
- Develop and refine a teaching portfolio using the evidence of teaching effectiveness gathered throughout the internship
The schedule is as follows and sessions will be held online on Zoom.
- An introduction and info session will be held on Zoom December 17th from 10:00 – 11:30 am.
- There will be 5 workshops held over the Spring Term:
- January 12th from 10 – 12 – Lesson Planning Clinic
- February 2nd from 10 – 12 – Teaching Portfolios
- March 2nd from 10 – 12 – Introduction to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- March 23rd from 10 – 12 – Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion in Teaching
- April 21st from 10 – 12 – Panel Discussion