Graduate Instructional Skills Workshop – October 29, November 5 & 6, 2022
October 29 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on November 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
One event on November 6, 2022 at 8:00 am
This ISW will be held in-person.
Please read the workshop eligibility prior to signing up for the waitlist.
***Click “Register Now” to sign up for the WAITLIST only (being on the waitlist doesn’t guarantee a spot). If you are selected as a participant you receive an email to confirm your registration about 2-3 weeks beforehand***
Registration for the WAITLIST of this ISW opens on September 19 at 9 am and closes on October 26 at 4:30 pm.
Workshop Overview: This 3-day workshop consists of teaching practice, theory application, and topical sessions specifically relevant to Teaching Assistants and Graduate Students at UBC. During the workshop you will teach 3 short lessons and receive feedback from your peers. You will work closely with peers and trained facilitators (who are themselves UBC graduate students). In this supportive atmosphere you will have a chance to begin to develop new teaching skills, to enhance existing skills, and/or to try new and challenging ideas.
A participant who wishes to take the Grad ISW is eligible if they are:
– a full-time or part-time registered graduate student at UBC during the academic term when the ISW is offered
– a graduate student at UBC who has completed degree requirements but has not yet convocated
– a joint degree graduate student who is enrolled at UBC and another institution
– a graduate student at UBC pursuing non-degree studies
– a visiting graduate student that is eligible to take courses
A participant who wishes to take the Grad ISW is not eligible if they are:
– not a graduate student at UBC
– a graduate student at UBC who has on-leave status
– a visiting graduate student that is not eligible to take courses
Additional information on the Graduate ISW can be found online.
IMPORTANT Registration Process: ISWs offered for Graduate Students at UBC are in high demand and wait lists for each workshop are typically 80-100+.
Questions: If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org