- This event has passed.
UBC Medicine Digital Solutions: Data visualization with Power BI
November 29 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
All Faculty of Medicine faculty and staff are invited to register for an interactive online workshop on data visualization and analytics platform Power BI.
The Faculty of Medicine Digital Solutions Data Management Team will go through a start-to-finish example of data transformation and visualization using Power BI. No previous experience or technical skills are required.
Places are limited — register now to attend.
- What is Power BI?
- Power BI is an interactive data visualization and analytics platform from Microsoft that can be used to create custom dashboards and reports for research, education, and administration.
- What will I learn?
- By the end of the workshop you should understand the basics of creating your own data visualizations using Power BI and gain an overall understanding of the platform. There will be numerous examples shared throughout the presentation and all questions will be answered. This case-based workshop will go through a start to finish example of data transformation and visualization using Power BI.
- Who can attend?
- Our interactive workshop is open to all FoM faculty and staff. No previous experience or technical skills are required.
- What do I need for the workshop?
- You will need to download the Power BI software prior to the workshop so you can follow along in real-time. Instructions will be sent after registering.