- This event has passed.
The Working Mind Virtual: Mental Health Training for Employees (Staff and faculty)
November 22, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Working Mind is an evidence-based training program designed to address and promote mental health and reduce stigma in a workplace setting, established by the Mental Health Commission of Canada. It includes easily applied scenario-based lessons, videos of people with lived experience of mental illness, reference guides, and practical handouts.
- Learn about the basic concepts, risk factors and causes of mental illness and mental disorders
- Gain the confidence, tools and resources to manage and support employees who may be experiencing mental health problems or illness
- Learn about the Mental Health Continuum Model, how to observe changes in employees along the continuum, and how to take appropriate action
- Develop resilience and health-coping strategies
- Build their mental health literacy to help recognize, manage and support colleagues with mental health challenges in the workplace.
Audience: All faculty and staff at UBC Vancouver and Okanagan.
Part 1: Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 9 am – 12 pm PST
Part 2: Wednesday, November 29, 2023 at 9 am – 11 am PST
Please log on 5 minutes before.
Participants must attend both Part 1 and Part 2 in order to receive the course certificate. Participants will not be admitted if they join after the first 15 minutes of the course has passed and will not be eligible for a course certificate if they miss more than 30 minutes of material.
Space is limited and there is a minimum number of participants required to run the course. Please ensure that you can attend. If you have registered and can no longer attend, please drop the course as soon as you are able to allow others to register.
What to expect during the training:
- This is a high engagement training that includes group discussions and breakout rooms. Participation also includes interactions with the group and facilitators via Zoom chat and through PowerPoint annotations.
- For participant and facilitator safety, we encourage participants to have your cameras on during the training when possible.
- Truelove Twumasi-Afriyie (she/her), Workplace Wellbeing Programs Specialist, Central Human Resources, UBC Vancouver
- Erica Altomare (she/her), Workplace Wellbeing Learning Specialist, Central Human Resources, UBC Vancouver
Truelove Twumasi-Afriyie and Erica Altomare are certified The Working Mind trainers through The Mental Health Commission of Canada.
If you have questions, please contact Lauren Lee at email@example.com.