- This event has passed.
Policy Communications Workshop (Sciences)
February 2 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
Professor Heidi Tworek and KJ Sharan will lead a 90 minute hybrid workshop on the different strategies of policy communication and how to use communication as an advocacy tool. We will work on communicating your research to a diverse set of policy audiences. We will discuss how to create and disseminate effective, inclusive, and powerful policy products. And hopefully make policy communications more approachable! The workshop is open to students, faculty, and staff at UBC. This workshop will focus on policy communications for research in the sciences. A separate workshop will be held for the ‘humanities and social sciences’ and more details can be found here.
This is the first workshop in the Policy Communications Workshop series run by the Centre for the Study of Democratic Institutions (CSDI) at the School of Public Policy and Global Affairs at UBC, in partnership with Knowledge Exchange, VPRI.
Topics will include:
- Purpose of policy communication
- Identifying your audience
- Finding the right policy product
- Framing and creativity
- Formatting and design
- Writing tips
- February 2
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm
- Venue Liu Institute for Global Issues
- Event Information
- Event Categories:
- Audience – All Students, Subject – Learning And Research – Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences, Subject – Personal And Professional Development – Faculty, Type – Seminar, Type – Workshop