Evaluation activities are important to think about throughout the life of your teaching and learning project, as they allow you to monitor and refine the development of the project. Evaluation also allows you to report out on the project impact, which will help you to secure continuing funding as well as engage others in better understanding the potential of your project for improving teaching and learning.
This workshop will introduce useful evaluation frameworks, identify strategies (e.g., commonly used data collection methods), discuss common challenges of evaluation and cover such questions as:
- What are appropriate goals for evaluation, and what approaches can achieve these?
- What claims can be made regarding the success of the project, and what evidence can back up these claims?
If you have other people on your team who are supporting the evaluation work in your project, including Graduate Research Assistants, please extend this invite to them.
This workshop will be targeted to TLEF (Teaching & Learning Enhancement Fund) and SaP (Students as Partners) fund holders.
- Trish Varao-Sousa, Evaluation & Research Consultant, CTLT
- Marissa Hall, Evaluation Specialist, CTLT
- Natasha Pestonji-Dixon, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Facilitator, CTLT