- This event has passed.
Enhancing Accessibility through Sustainable Affective Feedback
December 14, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
This is a multi-access event.
This event is part of the CTLT Winter Institute, taking place from December 12-15, 2022.
As compared to the textual feedback alone, screencasting allows for more personalized and affective multi-modal feedback. In this time, when community budling seems more challenging than ever, screencasting allows students to hear their instructor’s support in offering constructive feedback in a way that builds rapport and confidence. To do this, a small learning curve and investment in learning how to screencast in a sustainable way is required.
By the end of this 90-minute interactive workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the benefits and limitations of using screencasting for student feedback
- Compare textual feedback and multi-modal feedback through a wellbeing lens
- Evaluate best practices for student and instructor accessibility and sustainability
- Experience creating a short screencast for a specific person/audience
- Neil Leveridge, Assistant Professor Wood Science, Faculty of Forestry
- Amber Shaw, Lecturer, Vantage College