- This event has passed.
Data Visualization for SoTL: Tips and Tricks
July 5, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Dissemination is a critical part of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL). Choosing the best visualizations for sharing quantitative findings is key to ensuring that your outcomes are understandable and accessible to your audience. However, designing effective figures that present your data in a clear and meaningful way can be challenging.
This session will offer attendees a chance to develop a deeper understanding of:
– Why clear visualizations matterHow to define the purpose of a visualization
– Basic do’s and don’ts for data visualization
– Resources for making your visualizations more accessible
This session will provide examples of easy ways to improve visualizations of teaching and learning project outcomes, and discuss why some visualization types are clearer than others. We will share guiding principles for creating your own visualizations. This session will not walk attendees through the creation of the visualizations.
– Trish Varao-Sousa, Evaluation & Research Consultant, Institute for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISoTL), CTLT
– Natasha Pestonji-Dixon, SoTL Facilitator, Institute for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (ISoTL), CTLT
This event will hosted online on Zoom.