- This event has passed.
An Introduction to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
February 16 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
The Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) uses systematic and methodological inquiry into teaching and learning (behaviours/practices, attitudes, and values) with the goal of improving teaching and learning by making findings public (Hutchings, & Shulman, 1999; Potter & Kustra, 2011).
During this session, we will:
- Break down the definition of SoTL,
- Explain how to start the journey of becoming a SoTL practitioner,
- Provide tips to overcome common challenges for initiating a SoTL project.
- Adriana Briseno-Garzon, Senior Manager: Research and Evaluation
- Natasha Pestonji-Dixon, PhD, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Facilitator, CTLT