- This event has passed.
Setting up a Supplier: Foundational Overview
January 18 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
This session benefits UBC’s faculties or staff who will start setting up suppliers; and the existing ones who may have doubts about the foundations of the process.
As a UBC Faculty or Staff who sets up suppliers, you may face situations, like you:
- Struggle to identify a supplier
- Identifying the requisites a supplier has to meet to collect payments through the different payment methods
- Recognizing the importance of the supplier’s address and how to check it to know it’s right
- Identifying when and why to obtain the supplier’s GST number
- Payment problems due to international payment requirements
- Knowing the importance of obtaining the supplier’s Social Insurance Number (SIN), and who you should ask for it
This on-demand, online session is being provided to assist you in addressing those situations.
The session provides you with the required information to:
- Recognize a UBC supplier
- Identify the payment methods and their requirements
- Recognize the importance of the supplier’s address
- Identify when and why to obtain the supplier’s GST number
- Reduce payment problems due to unique requirements for local currency through GDS
- Know why to obtain the supplier’s Social Insurance Number (SIN), and who we ask for it
Please note that this session:
- Is not a functional walk-through or demonstration of completing tasks in Workday
- Does not provide a step-by-step process on how to register a supplier in the system
- Does not provide a step-by-step process on how to fill up forms to register a supplier in the system