- This event has passed.
Integrating Sustainability and Climate Change Content in your Course
May 31, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
This event is part of the CTLT Spring Institute, taking place from May 31–June 3, 2022. To view all events, visit https://institute.ctlt.ubc.ca/spring-institute/spring-institute-events/
Are you interested in exploring how to connect your teaching with sustainability and/or climate change? Not sure where to start or how to approach it? Join us for a conversation with faculty members from a variety of fields including Sociology, Education, Applied Science, and Forestry, who are on the journey of integrating sustainability and climate education into their teaching. We will share our work, how we’ve set goals, content connections, and how we approached the design. We will also highlight resources and support for this work on campus.
Our projects range from the integration of new modules into an existing course to the design of an entirely new program, and incorporate principles of interdisciplinary, experiential, and applied education. We are excited to learn about what your goals are and hope we can help and inspire you to take your next steps in bringing your perspective on sustainability to your students.
– Dr. Silvia Bartolic, Associate Professor of Teaching, Undergraduate Chair, Department of Sociology, Faculty of Arts
– Dr. Kerry Renwick, Associate Professor, Department of Curriculum and Pedagogy, Faculty of Education
– Dr. Maggie Low, Assistant Professor, Chair, ICP Program, Indigenous Partnership Group, School of Community and Regional Planning, Faculty of Applied Science
– Dr. Stephen Sheppard, Professor Emeritus, Director, Collaborative for Advanced Landscape Planning- Department of Forest Resources Management, Faculty of Forestry
– Dr. Rob Kozak, Dean of the Faculty of Forestry