- This event has passed.
Explore Indigenous Flora through Augmented Reality
May 4, 2023 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
This event is part of the 2023 Celebrate Learning Week, taking place from May 2–9, 2023.
Join us in an exciting Augmented Reality (AR) experience on the UBC Okanagan campus.
In this land-based learning activity, AR software will serve as your guide to locate, identify, and learn the Syilx names of Indigenous flora, giving you a deeper understanding of the importance of these plants to the Syilx culture. You will have the opportunity to participate in teams, connect with nature, and learn more about Indigenous Okanagan species found on the UBC Okanagan campus. We hope this unique experience will be both educational and enjoyable.
- Peter Arthur, Professor, Okanagan School of Educatio
- Robert Campbell, Associate Professor, Okanagan School of Education
- Bill Cohen, Assistant Professor, Okanagan School of Education
- Des Marshall-Peer, Lecturer, Okanagan School of Education
- Sumer Seiki, Associate Professor, Okanagan School of Education
Note to Non-UBC Participants:
In order to register for this program, non-UBC faculty, staff, and students will need to create a UBC Basic CWL. To do this, please go to the CWL page and scroll down to the accordion tab that reads “Basic”. Follow the instructions there for creating and activating a Basic CWL, then please return to this page to register for the program.
This event will be hosted in-person on UBC Okanagan Campus.