Resist anti-Asian racism in Canada. Lend your voice. The time is now.
The National Forum on Anti-Asian Racism took place June 10–11, 2021.
The forum brought together people across generations, sectors, and the country. Together we shared our stories and found common themes to move us forward against anti-Asian racism in Canada.
Thank you for lending your voice to the conversation.
Learn and connect
This document features suggested readings, engaging projects and information about community organizations.
- Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Panel: Why are we here? Surfacing the impacts of Anti-Asian Racism
- Panel: Common Cause? Coalition-building across Asian Canadian communities
- Panel: What Does Media Have To Do With Anti-Asian Racism?
- Plenary panel and summary of Day 1 concurrent sessions
- Concurrent Panelist Session #1: Education
- Concurrent Panelist Session #2: Health
- Concurrent Panelist Session #3: Justice System
- Concurrent Panelist Session #4: Representation in Media, Arts, and Culture
- Concurrent Panelist Session #5: Issues in Housing, Social Services, Elder Care
- Concurrent Panelist Session #6: Government/Policy/Political Representation
- Concurrent Panelist Session #7: Economic Issues: Employment, Business
- Concurrent Panelist Session #8: Grassroots Organizing and Coalition Building
- Summary of Day 1 and Day 2 outputs
- Keynote and Closing Remarks
Are you involved with an organization that is working to address anti-Asian racism in Canada? Connect with us.
UBC Media Relations
This event is possible through the generous support of the Canadian Race Relations Foundation.
We acknowledge that UBC’s campuses are situated within the traditional territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh, and in the traditional, ancestral, unceded territory of the Syilx Okanagan Nation and their peoples.