The National Forum on Anti-Asian Racism brought together people across generations, sectors, and the country. Together we shared our stories and found common themes to move us forward against anti-Asian racism in Canada.
Thank you for lending your voice to the conversation.
By the numbers
Re-watch the event
Anti-Asian Racism PSA Videos
- Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Panel: Why are we here? Surfacing the impacts of Anti-Asian Racism
- Panel: Common Cause? Coalition-building across Asian Canadian communities
- Panel: What Does Media Have To Do With Anti-Asian Racism?
- Concurrent Panelist Session #1: Education
- Concurrent Panelist Session #2: Health
- Concurrent Panelist Session #3: Justice System
- Concurrent Panelist Session #4: Representation in Media, Arts, and Culture
- Concurrent Panelist Session #5: Issues in Housing, Social Services, Elder Care
- Concurrent Panelist Session #6: Government/Policy/Political Representation
- Concurrent Panelist Session #7: Economic Issues: Employment, Business
- Concurrent Panelist Session #8: Grassroots Organizing and Coalition Building
- Plenary panel and summary of Day 1 concurrent sessions
This document features suggested readings, engaging projects and information about community organizations.
What comes next?
National Forum on Anti-Asian Racism Final Report
A final report summarizing the conversations and key takeaways from the Forum will be available here in the Fall, 2021. This report will also be shared with community and government stakeholders to mobilize and take the necessary action to continue the fight against anti-Asian and other forms of racism in Canada.
Ryerson Forum on Anti-Asian Racism
Ryerson University will be hosting a second forum on anti-Asian racism in November 2021. Details on the event will be shared as they become available.
The Canadian Race Relations Foundation
The Canadian Race Relations Foundation (CRRF) will be providing supports to organizations combating anti-Asian racism through grants. We anticipate that grant applications will be available in the fall of 2021. To be notified, please sign up to CRRF’s email list.
UBC Media Relations
This event was possible through the generous support of the Canadian Race Relations Foundation.
We acknowledge that UBC’s campuses are situated within the traditional territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh, and in the traditional, ancestral, unceded territory of the Syilx Okanagan Nation and their peoples.