For the past few months we (UBCevents & Alumni Affairs) have been pushing out a weekly video series that highlights a few of the upcoming events at UBC Vancouver. Some groups on campus have asked about having their events highlighted, but it’s mostly been us reaching out to different groups. This has worked well so far, but to be honest, we’ve just been testing the waters with the use of video so we haven’t really reached out as far as we could have…this is changing (I know, we should have used a ‘beta’ tag).
We’re happy to start sharing the “This Week At UBC” videos broadly and accepting content suggestions for them. So here are some guidelines for pitching your event to us:
- 4 weeks in advance: The event must be in the UBCevents calendar – If your unit needs access to the calendar, check out our Registration page.
- 3 weeks in advance: Fill out the This Week At UBC submission form at the bottom of this post. We will let you know if we can schedule your event in…if so, head to step 3.
- 2 weeks in advance: Confirm location and talent (who we will be filming) availability.
- 1 week before your event: Filming!
**There are a lot of great events happening on campus each week, so we anticipate not being able to highlight all of them. We will be looking for events that are open to a wide population (students, alumni, staff, etc.), touch on at least one aspect of Place and Promise (UBC’s Strategic Plan), and could benefit most from our particular medium of extra exposure. We feel it is better to effectively promote a few, then poorly promote many.**
We also have some questions for our viewers and event providers that we’d love to see answered in the comments:
- Who would you like to see “hosting” an episode of This Week at UBC?
- What’s would be the coolest location on campus to film from?
- Where else can we distribute these videos? (Do you have a website/blog that would like a feed?)
The UBCevents team & UBC Alumni Affairs