The UBCevents Communications Assistant is responsible for project areas affiliated with the campus-wide events calendar:
- Working closely with Public Affairs, Student Development and Information Technology to plan, promote, deliver and evaluate all aspects of UBCevents.
- Promoting and marketing orientation, transition and welcome events through the ongoing development of UBCevents’ orientations view.
- Maintaining the UBCevents website by managing event content, providing support to calendar administrators and highlighting interesting events.
- Building relationships with campus groups, faculty partners and student groups.
- Possessing strong knowledge of current and emerging internet/media technologies.
Full Time (35 hours/week, August 1-September 6, 2011)
Part Time (10 hours/week during the 2011/12 academic year)
Skills and Qualifications
The successful applicant will be a current UBC student, with a minimum of one academic year at UBC, and will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Knowledge of UBC campus resources, academic programs and services and ability to refer accordingly
- Strong computer skills (web, word processing, e-mail, database, spreadsheet)
- Good research and organizational skills
- Strong academic background: a cumulative average of at least 75% is required
- Creativity, enthusiasm and commitment
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders and project partners
- A passion for learning
- Experience with graphic design and basic digital image editing
- Excellent editing skills
- Experience managing data, including use of database software
- Experience with emerging technologies including wikis, blogs, podcasts, and open-source software
Employer: UBC Student Development & Services
Name: Mr. Jamil Rhajiak at email@example.com
Submit your cover letter and resume via email to Jamil Rhajiak at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm on July 18th, 2011. Successful applicants will be contacted July 19th-20th. Interviews will take place July 22-26, 2011.