- This event has passed.
Introduction to R and RStudio (beginner)
March 1, 2023 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
R is popular for many applications including data visualization and statistical analysis. This beginner orientation is suitable for people with little or no R experience. It will help you decide whether R is the right tool for your data analysis needs and introduce R terminology using the RStudio interface.
The workshop is one hour, followed by an optional 30 minute practice period to reinforce what you learned or consult with the instructors. Workshop materials are available at https://ubc-library-rc.github.io/IntroR/
To participate fully you will need to install the latest versions of R and RStudio on your computer before the workshop:
- Install R from https://cran.rstudio.com/
- Install RStudio from https://rstudio.com/products/rstudio/download/#download
About this workshop series
Introduction to R and RStudio is one of six R workshops offered by the UBC Library Research Commons. Each one-hour sesson introduces a particular task or application in R, followed by an optional 30 minute practice period with support from the instructors. The series goal is to introduce participants to the data analysis and visualization potential of R and to encourage further self-paced exploration. Other workshops in the series:
- Data manipulation with dplyr, May 25, 10:30-11:30am
- Data visualization with ggplot2, Jun 14, 1-2pm
- Descriptive statistics in R, Jun 29, 11am-12pm
- Join tables in R, (date tbd)
- Loops and conditional statements in R, (date tbd)
- Using RMarkdown, (date tbd)
If you have any questions, concerns, or accessibility needs please email email@example.com
To keep up-to-date with all of the workshops, consults, and events, subscribe to the UBC Library Research Commons monthly newsletter.