At UBC there are many free resources for students to rent space for events. Feel free to tweet us at @UBCevents with any more suggestions!
Buildings and Classrooms
- Space available: IKBLC, Buchanan, Henry Angus, etc.
- Booking requirements: AMS-constituted club activities and faculty-sponsored student group activities can rent non-restricted classrooms at UBC for no charge through Scheduling Services.
- Contact: 604-822-9292
Student Union Building (SUB)
- Space available: ballroom, party room, 207/209, 214/216, etc. More info here.
- Booking requirements: AMS Clubs are entitled to free bookings at the SUB for club-related activities. Each club may book four major rooms and eight minor rooms per term. Visit the AMS website on club bookings here.
- Contact: 604-822-3966
International House (IHouse)
- Space available: upper lounge, lower lounge, conference room
- Booking requirements: UBC affiliated groups and faculties will not be charged for room use. Request a booking here.
- Contact: email@example.com
Simon K.Y. Lee Global Lounge and Resource Centre (GLRC)
- Space available: media centre, resource centre, entire GLRC (including kitchen complete with a fridge, microwave and dishwasher)
- Booking requirements: Space rental is free for Global Lounge Network members. Student groups or organizations with a global focus can apply to be members here. For existing members, booking can be done easily online here.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Booth option: Residences
- If you are looking to host a booth for promotional purposes you can try the SUB, IKBLC and various UBC residences
- Space available: Marine Drive, Place Vanier, Totem Park, etc.
- Booking requirements: Email the Residence Life Manager of the residence area you’re interested in hosting a booth in.
- Contact: Visit this site for Residence contacts and mailing addresses.