- This event has passed.
Teaching Philosophy Statements: Show me the Good Stuff
May 26, 2022Free
A teaching philosophy statement is a written description of your values, goals, and beliefs about teaching and learning. It is often required as part of your documentation for tenure and promotion and in applications for academic positions.
In this session, participants will explore what constitutes an effective teaching philosophy statement, and review and discuss strong examples. We will pay special attention to statements of beliefs and evidence and alignment between the two.
Participants will walk away from the session equipped to revise or develop their own teaching philosophy statement.
By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
– Explain the purposes of the TPS
– Describe characteristics of an effective TPS
– Identify belief statements in sample TPS
– Identify statements of ‘evidence’ that align with the stated beliefs
– Determine next steps in developing your TPS
– Judy Chan, Faculty Associate/ Faculty Liaison, Land and Food Systems, CTLT
– Isabeau Iqbal, Senior Educational Developer, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology
– Sue Hampton, Educational Consultant: Facilitation and Process Design, CTLT
This event will hosted online on Zoom.