- This event has passed.
Postdoc Teaching Practicum: January-April 2022
April 21 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on February 2, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on March 2, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on March 23, 2022 at 10:00 am
One event on April 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
What is the Postdoc Teaching Practicum?
The next Postdoc Teaching Practicum cohort will start in January 2022. In order to register, you need to be a Postdoc and have completed a Postdoc ISW, the CIRTL Summer Teaching Institute, or Foundations of Pedagogy.
Registration opens on November 18 and closes on January 11 at 4 pm.
By the end of the Practicum you will be able to:
– Create a framework for how a typical university course operates
– Articulate how teaching and learning theories intersect with the practical requirements of a university course
– Design university lessons which incorporate learner-centred lesson planning basics, demonstrating the alignment of learning objectives, learning activities and assessment techniques
– Develop and refine a teaching portfolio using the evidence of teaching effectiveness gathered throughout the internship
The schedule is as follows and sessions will be held online on Zoom.
An introduction and info session will be held on Zoom December 17th from 10:00 – 11:30 am.
There will be 5 workshops held over the Spring Term:
– January 12th from 10 – 12 – Lesson Planning Clinic
– February 2nd from 10 – 12 – Teaching Portfolios
– March 2nd from 10 – 12 – Introduction to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
– March 23rd from 10 – 12 – Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion in Teaching
– April 21st from 10 – 12 – Panel Discussion