- This event has passed.
Perspective & Conversation: Studying and practicing law with a medical condition or disability
March 9 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
The disabled community is severely underrepresented in the legal profession. People interested in the field often worry about how their physical and mental health conditions or disabilities may impact the already stressful journey of pursuing law.
The UBC Disabilities United Collective (DUC), the UBC Law Disability Alliance (ULDA), and UBC Pre-Law Association are organizing an event to allow those interested in law to have an informal conversation with disabled law students, lawyers, and legal professionals. A panel of guest speakers will share their experiences and open the floor for open discussion, questions, and networking.
- Professor James G Stewart, Faculty of Law at Allard Hall
- Julia Riddle, Associate at Arvay Finlay LLP
- Katherine Benson, 4th-year disabled law student, Founder and president of the UBC Law Disability Alliance
- Lucy Bogle, Neurodiverse 3L at Allard Law
Food and prizes will be provided.
Eligibility: Anyone interested is welcome to attend
Location: Allard Hall, Room 123
If you have any access needs and/or food preferences, please let us know through the event website.
- March 9
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Venue Allard Hall
- Event Information
- Event Categories:
- Audience – All Students, Audience – Alumni, Audience – Community, Audience – Faculty and Staff – Vancouver, Subject – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Subject – Learning And Research – Arts, Humanities And Social Sciences, Subject – Learning And Research – Health, Type – Information Session/Fair, Type – Seminar