- This event has passed.
Make Technology Your Best Teaching Friend: Tools & Techniques for Online Teaching and Learning
January 19, 2023 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This event is part of the TA Institute, taking place from January 16–19, 2023.
Eligibility: The TA Institute is open to all undergraduate TAs, graduate students who are interested in teaching, and all graduate student TAs. This session is not open to general undergraduate students, post-doctoral fellows, staff, or faculty.
As we are moving into an era where technology has become an integral part of our teaching, learning, and everyday life, it might be overwhelming to identify the best way to create an active learning environment for our “tech-savvy” learners in virtual, hybrid, or in-person classrooms. In this workshop, you will explore the various elements and applications of active learning, and create an adaptable “master resource” of the different online teaching tools & instruments that you can utilize in your different teaching settings to match your learners’ needs!
- Tala Maragha, PhD Student, Department of Oral Health Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry
If you wish to complete this workshop as part of either of the themes below to receive a Letter of Completion, you must complete:
- the pre-session online module by January 16th, 2023 by 11:59 PM
- Fully attend 4 sessions under each theme you want to complete (this means arriving on time and participating until the end of the session)
- the post-session online module by January 27th, 2023 at 11:59 PM
- a theme completion form by January 27th, 2023 at 11:59 PM (only complete this form once—make sure to indicate all themes and all sessions that you have completed).
This session falls into the following themes:
- Experiential and Active Learning
- Online Mode
This year, workshops in the TA institute are organized into 5 themes. If you complete 4 workshops in a theme, complete the related pre- & post-session online modules and submit a theme completion form, you are eligible for a Letter of Completion that you can include in your Teaching Portfolio and CV. The Letter of Completion will include a brief description of the theme(s) that you completed, and how the work you did in the theme(s) support your development as a teacher.
This event will be hosted online on Zoom.