- This event has passed.
Let’s Talk About Academic Integrity: How, What, and When to Incorporate Academic Integrity into Your Course
May 30, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
This event is part of the CTLT Spring Institute, taking place from May 31–June 3, 2022. To view all events, visit https://institute.ctlt.ubc.ca/spring-institute/spring-institute-events/
Academic integrity is a commitment to upholding the UBC values of respect, integrity, and accountability in all academic endeavours. Academic integrity is important for activities that produce new knowledge through scholarly activities, including creative pursuits, writing, and speaking. It is also important for activities that have students demonstrate their learning through assessments and assignments. Instructors have a responsibility to work together with students and staff to promote a culture of academic integrity. This starts in the classroom, through explicitly teaching the standards of academic integrity in their discipline, and including information about academic integrity in course syllabi and coursework.
In this panel discussion, educators will share how they bring academic integrity discussion into their classes. Panelists will be from multiple disciplines and teach writing-focused and test-focused courses. Attendees will learn about UBC’s resources for teaching academic integrity and supporting students, including the new website https://academicintegrity.ubc.ca
This is a companion session to Academic Integrity & EDI: Rethinking Pedagogy and Practices for Inclusivity and Accessibility‚ though registration in both is not required.
– Ainsley Rouse, Academic Integrity Senior Manager, Office of the Provost and Vice-President Academic
– Jaclyn Stewart, Associate Dean Academic, Faculty of Science
– Dr. Laila Ferreira, Assistant Professor of Teaching, School of Journalism, Writing, Media
– Dr. Jessica Kalra, Assistant Professor of Teaching, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
– Dr. Peter Ostafichuk, Professor of Teaching, Chair of First Year Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Applied Science
– Dr. Brianne Orr-Álvarez, Assistant Professor of Teaching, Spanish Language Program Director, Director of FHIS Learning Centre, Department of French, Hispanic, & Italian Studies, Faculty of Arts