Individual Consultation with a Learning Designer about Your Course
November 10 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
One event on July 7, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on July 21, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on August 4, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on August 18, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on September 1, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on September 15, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on September 29, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on October 13, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on October 27, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on November 10, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on November 24, 2022 at 11:30 am
One event on December 8, 2022 at 11:30 am
Do you have questions and challenges about creating meaningful and successful learning experiences for your students? Maybe you want help in the process of teaching your course in online, hybrid or blended modes. Request a virtual one on one course consultation with a Learning Designer to explore ways to enhance your students’ learning experience. This is the opportunity for you to connect with a Learning Designer regarding any questions you have, or feedback you’d like, especially related to teaching your course for online, hybrid or blended delivery.
Bring your ideas and questions. Together we will examine them and explore how to enhance the course design and implementation. We can give guidance to incorporate online instructional strategies that support:
1. Identifying key areas in your course where you may need to adjust your practice, expectations, or learning activities for the online, blended or hybrid environment
2. How you might use both synchronous and asynchronous modes of teaching in your course.
3. Motivating students to engage with their learning (e.g. structuring the course effectively, connecting course objectives to the “real world”)
4. Connecting students to their peers and instructors (e.g. collaborative and interactive activities, peer assessments)
5. Self-regulated learning (e.g. self-assessing readiness for learning, learner autonomy)
6. Evaluating your course design (e.g. aligning assessments with learning objectives, course usability)
7. Accessibility (e.g. ensuring materials can be used by all students)
8. Managing your workload in facilitating student activities and assessments
If this time doesn’t fit to your schedule, let us know and we’ll adjust to yours. Go to OTP Course Consultations, complete the form and we will follow up with you.
This event will be hosted on Zoom.