IBPOC Self Care/Community Care Fridays
January 21 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 11:00 am on Friday, repeating until April 14, 2022
Join the Indigenous, Black, and Persons Of Colour (IBPOC) Wellness Mentors for a weekly self care/community care series developed by and for IBPOC students that seeks to explore the diverse topics and experiences related to the health & wellbeing of IBPOC students in a safe, relaxed, and inclusive space.
We invite students who identify as being Indigenous, Black or Persons of Colour to drop by our Zoom Room to:
- Take a break from the hustle of being a student
- Participate in a self care/community activity – activities will change week to week but would typically include something for yourself and/or for someone in your community
- Connect with other IBPOC students
- Chat about what it’s like to navigate health & wellbeing as an IBPOC student
- Learn more about the IBPOC Wellness Mentors and the Wellness Centre
Follow us on Instagram @UBCWellnessCentre to find out what we have planned for this week.
When we transition back to in-person activities, this event will happen at the UBC Wellness Centre. In the meantime, drop into our Zoom Room Fridays 11am-12:30pm to do something for yourself or for someone you care about or just to chat with one of our IBPOC Wellness Mentors.
Meeting ID: 614 4456 2145
Learn more about the IBPOC Wellness Mentors: https://students.ubc.ca/health/wellness-centre/ibpoc-wellness-mentors
If you have questions about this event, please contact email@example.com.
- January 21
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Audience – All Students, Audience – Graduate Students, Audience – Undergraduate Students, Subject – Entertainment – Social, Subject – Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Subject – International, Subject – Lifestyle And Sport – Wellness, Subject – Orientations, Subject – Personal And Professional Development – Students