- This event has passed.
How Can We Equitably Support Students’ Access, Engagement and Expectations, Across Hybrid and Multi-access Modalities?
May 30 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
This event is part of the CTLT Spring Institute, taking place from May 29–June 1, 2023.
Join us for a collaborative workshop designed to explore hybrid and multi-access learning in diverse teaching contexts. This interactive session will focus on fostering equitable access and engagement in these learning modalities while acknowledging the creativity often needed to navigate these complex environments.
During the workshop, we will highlight how various UBC faculty members have successfully managed these intricate settings. Our featured speakers include:
- Katie Bunting, Assistant Professor of Teaching, and Michael Lee, Professor of Teaching, Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, who will discuss their experiences in developing and teaching within a distributed model.
- Amirpouyan Shiva, Assistant Professor of Teaching, Anthropology, Faculty of Arts, who will share insights on designing and teaching in a multi-access classroom.
- Deanna Bracewell, Curriculum Manager, UBC Health, who will describe the experience of delivering a large-scale, interdisciplinary hybrid workshop for the UBC Health Integrated Curriculum
Throughout the session, participants will exchange successful and unsuccessful practices and discuss the practicality of implementing these strategies in their distinct classroom settings. Attendees should come prepared to learn from their peers’ experiences and contribute to the growing body of knowledge in this domain.
Following the main event, Learning Designers will be available for one-on-one consultations to address your specific course or learning activities.
This workshop is the third in a series of three community-focused sessions that engage UBC teaching community members in discussions on hybrid and multi-access classrooms. Wicked Questions and other Liberating Structures will be employed during this session.
- Lucas Wright, Senior Educational Consultant, CTLT
- John Cheng Educational Consultant: Learning Design, CTLT
- Jocelyn Micallef, Manager, Educational Development Office of Educational Technology and Learning Designs (OETLD),Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Deanna Bracewell, Curriculum Manager, UBC Health
- Katie Bunting, Assistant Professor of Teaching Michael Lee, Professor of Teaching, Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Medicine
- Amirpouyan Shiva, Assistant Professor of Teaching, Anthropology, Faculty of Arts
This event will be hosted both in-person and over Zoom.