- This event has passed.
Graduate Teaching Practicum: January-April 2023
March 2 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Click “Register Now” to apply for the Teaching Practicum. Your application will be reviewed and if you are selected as a participant you will be contacted by email after application closes. Application closes on December 19. This event will be held online on Zoom.
What is the Graduate Teaching Practicum?
The next Graduate Teaching Practicum cohort will start in January 2023. In order to apply, you need to be a Graduate Student and a CIRTL Associate (have completed a Graduate ISW, the CIRTL Summer Teaching Institute, or Foundations of Pedagogy).
By the end of the Practicum you will be able to:
- Create a framework for how a typical university course operates
- Articulate how teaching and learning theories intersect with the practical requirements of a university course
- Design university lessons which incorporate learner-centred lesson planning basics, demonstrating the alignment of learning objectives, learning activities and assessment techniques
- Develop and refine a teaching portfolio using the evidence of teaching effectiveness gathered throughout the practicum
The schedule is as follows and sessions will be held online on Zoom.
- There is a pre-work module that needs to be completed prior to the first session.
- There will be 5 sessions on the following dates and times:
- Lesson Planning Clinic: January 12 | 10 am – 12 pm
- Teaching Portfolios: February 2 | 10 am – 12 pm
- Introduction to the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning: March 2 | 10 am – 12 pm
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion in the Classroom: March 23 | 10 am – 12 pm
- Final Reflections & Panel Discussion: April 13 | 10 am – 12 pm