- This event has passed.
Graduate Instructional Skills Workshop – September 19, 24, October 1 & 2, 2022
October 1 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on September 24, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on October 1, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on October 2, 2022 at 9:00 am
Workshop Overview: This 4-day workshop (24-hour) consists of teaching practice, theory application, and topical sessions specifically relevant to Teaching Assistants and Graduate Students at UBC. During the workshop you will teach 3 short lessons and receive feedback from your peers. You will work closely with peers and trained facilitators (who are themselves UBC graduate students). In this supportive atmosphere you will have a chance to begin to develop new teaching skills, to enhance existing skills, and/or to try new and challenging ideas. This workshop is being offered in a special ONLINE format to accommodate distance learning and to meet the rapidly changing needs of TAs and graduate student instructors as a result of this shift to online education and will therefore focus on online instruction.
Participants do not need to be extraordinarily technology-proficient to be successful in this workshop. An introduction to all technologies used within the workshop will be provided.
A participant who wishes to take the Grad ISW is eligible if they are:
– a full-time or part-time registered graduate student at UBC during the academic term when the ISW is offered
– a graduate student at UBC who has completed degree requirements but has not yet convocated
– a joint degree graduate student who is enrolled at UBC and another institution
– a graduate student at UBC pursuing non-degree studies
– a visiting graduate student that is eligible to take courses
A participant who wishes to take the Grad ISW is not eligible if they are:
– not a graduate student at UBC
– a graduate student at UBC who has on-leave status
– a visiting graduate student that is not eligible to take courses
Additional information on the Graduate ISW can be found online here
Questions: If you have any questions please contact email@example.com