- This event has passed.
Graduate Instructional Skills Workshop – February 19, 25 & 26, 2023 (Preliminary Application)
February 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This ISW will be held in-person.
Please read the application process and workshop eligibility prior to applying.
Preliminary Application Process
- When you submit an application, you are applying for the WAITLIST only and your spot in the workshop is NOT confirmed.
- If you meet the requirements and are selected as a participant you will receive an email to confirm your registration approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the workshop.
- If you are not selected as a participant, you can apply for an upcoming workshop and go through the application process again.
Registration for the WAITLIST of this ISW opens on January 9 at 9 am and closes on February 15 at 4:30 pm.
Workshop Overview: This 3-day workshop consists of teaching practice, theory application, and topical sessions specifically relevant to Teaching Assistants and Graduate Students at UBC. During the workshop you will teach 3 short lessons and receive feedback from your peers. You will work closely with peers and trained facilitators (who are themselves UBC graduate students). In this supportive atmosphere you will have a chance to begin to develop new teaching skills, to enhance existing skills, and/or to try new and challenging ideas.
A participant who wishes to apply to the Grad ISW is eligible if they are:
- a full-time or part-time registered graduate student at UBC during the academic term when the ISW is offered. Winter Session Term 1 (September-December), Term 2 (January-April); Summer Session Term 1 (May-June), Term 2 (July-August). Please ensure you are registered as a Graduate Student in Winter Session Term 2 (January-April 2023).
- a graduate student at UBC who has completed degree requirements but has not yet convocated
- a joint degree graduate student who is enrolled at UBC and another institution
- a graduate student at UBC pursuing non-degree studies
- a visiting graduate student that is eligible to take courses
A participant who wishes to take the Grad ISW is not eligible if they are:
- not a graduate student at UBC
- a graduate student at UBC who has on-leave status
- a visiting graduate student that is not eligible to take courses
Additional information on the Graduate ISW can be found online here
IMPORTANT Application Process: ISWs offered for Graduate Students at UBC are in high demand and wait lists for each workshop are typically 80-100+.
Questions: If you have any questions please contact email@example.com