- This event has passed.
Flexible and Effective Learning Environment Creation Strategies in a Concurrent Hybrid Modality
June 2 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmFree
This event is part of the CTLT Spring Institute, taking place from May 31–June 3, 2022. To view all events, visit https://institute.ctlt.ubc.ca/spring-institute/spring-institute-events/
In this session, we will share insights of gained knowledge of the pedagogical value of the concurrent hybrid model to create a flexible and effective learning environment for learners. The concurrent hybrid modality was adopted and implemented a few times in a computation course in Forestry.
During the workshop, we will demonstrate how course modules were structured to create an adequate environment to learn collaboratively and engage with course materials in real-time when the teaching team members were present to support on-campus and remote students together.
In the session, participants will:
– Be encouraged to think about the application of the concurrent hybrid models in their own context and identify areas in their course where use of the concurrent hybrid model might be effective
– Recognize the adjustments needed to adopt this modality
– Identify challenges that may come up for the teaching team and students
– Participants from all disciplines are welcome to join this session, learn from the experiences of the presenter and share their own experiences with their peers.
– Dr. Suborna Ahmed, Assistant Professor of Teaching, Forest Resources Management Department, Faculty of Forestry